Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

My Sis

My hunny

My precious niece Emily

Auntie with all the girls
Sleeping Gavey

Cram the Man

For as long as I can recall, my family has gone the Sunday before Memorial Day to Exeter Cemetery then Porterville Cemetery to decorate family graves. My Grandpa Darris always insisted on bringing both plastic flowers and potted flowers. He also insisted on Sunday because then everyone would see our family had already been and decorated. Last year when we made the trip Grandpa had just left us a month before and it was very bittersweet without him. This year there were several unexpected obstacles in our way but we made it. I want my boys to understand why we have this tradition in our family and to have stories to tell of cousins and photos taken at "the graves."

No comments:

Post a Comment